The hackathon culture is spreading like wildfire! There are some great hacks coming up in Stockholm. Here are the events you should not miss. I'm also including a few other startup related events.
- Startup Day 2012 (april 21) in Stockholm. Not a hack, but perhaps Sweden's best networking event for startups! Link
- Meet and Eat (april 22). A 24 Hour Business Camp "warmup" event. Get some ideas and inspiration for 24 Hour Business Camp. And free brunch. Link
- Stockholm Nightowls (april 24). Like to code at night? Hang out with the other Nightowls. Link
- Stockholm Startup Hack (may 12). A 12 hour grass roots hackathon co-organized by Martina of Tripbirds, Jocke of Wrapp and Jonny of Mynewsdesk. This will be lovely. Link
- Health Hack Day (may 19-20). Hack health. Build a prototype for a health related mobile or web app in 24 hours. Ambitious lineup and a cool site! Link
- Match n' Hack (may 25). "Hack with startups!" A startup matchmaking and hack event at KTH. Link
- Geek Girl Meetup 2012 (may 26-27). Women only, unconference. Theme: "Beautiful data." Link
- 24 Hour Business Camp (june 10-12). The hackathon I founded. Stay for two nights at Hasseludden Yasuragi, the epic japanese spa outside Stockholm. Hack for 24 hours while being treated to sushi, teppanyaki and hot baths. The mother of all hackathons if you ask me! Link
The Facebook campus, image by Justin Shaffer.
A few other things worth checking out:
- Turisthack in Gothenburg (may 26-27). Link.
- Open Stockholm Award. Hack competition by the city of Stockholm. (last day to submit, may 13) Link
- Sollos Price 2012. Before (april 25), nominate some person in Sweden who inspires entrepreneurs and helps combine entrepreneurship and business with having fun. Link
Did I miss something important? Let me know in the comments. :)